A GAMP® Approach to Data Integrity, Electronic Records and Signatures, and Operation of GxP Computerized Systems (T50)
The importance and amount of data being generated to ensure product quality and patient safety continues to grow, and proper controls around that data continue to be a subject of regulatory scrutiny. Regulatory agencies across the world are repeatedly citing data integrity issues. As a result, industry guidance and enforcement strategies are evolving. Regulatory concerns and warning letters have extended to all areas of the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device business, including manufacturing, development, clinical, pharmacovigilance and other areas of the product lifecycle. This course will cover data integrity, electronic records and signatures, and the compliant operation of GxP Computerized Systems to provide the tools and techniques to implement proper controls for data to ensure the integrity and validity of the information throughout the data lifecycle.
What You Will Learn
- This training course will provide a practical understanding of the following:
- The current regulatory focus on Data Integrity, including a detailed discussion of US 21 CFR 11
- Relevant regulatory observations
- Current regulatory Guidance on Data Integrity (emphasizing MHRA and FDA)
- The need for Data integrity throughout the system and data life cycles
- Detailed examination of the data life cycle
- The requirement for a data governance framework
- A data integrity maturity model
- How to meet the international regulatory requirements for electronic records and signatures
- Detailed examination of specific requirements of 21 CFR 11 electronic records and signatures
- How to satisfy Part 11, including interpretation of the FDA Scope and Application Guidance
- How to meet the requirements of other relevant regulations including EU Annex 11
- How to apply the current industry risk-based good practice approach to compliant electronic records and signatures
- How to maintain Data Integrity through the GAMP system life cycle and beyond
- How cloud computing approaches can impact data integrity
- Data integrity and mobile apps
- Data mapping as an important tool in ensuring data integrity
- How to apply the new ISPE GAMP® Guide: Records and Data Integrity including:
- Data Governance Framework
- Culture and Human Factors
- Data Life Cycle
- Applying Quality Risk Management to Data Integrity
Resources and Activities
- Extensive Interactive Exercises
- ISPE GAMP Guide: Records and Data Integrity
- Data Integrity through the Lifecycle
- MHRA Data Integrity Guidance
- Regulatory Citations for Data Integrity
- Data Governance
- EU Annex 11 and Chapter 4
- Compliant Operation of GxP Regulated Systems
- 21 CFR Part 11 Electronic Records and Signatures
- Data Integrity for Spreadsheets
- Mobile Devices and Cloud Computing
- ISPE GAMP Guide on Record and Data Integrity
Who Should Attend
- All those working in a GxP regulated environment that require a working knowledge of data integrity, electronic records and signatures, and the associated operational aspects of GxP computerized systems.
- Anyone who needs a fundamental understanding of the 21 CFR Part 11 regulation and risk management approaches to achieving electronic record and signature compliance.
- Computer system vendors or consultants, engineering contractors, and validation service companies.
- Quality assurance and quality control specialists, validation specialists, manufacturing supervisors, technical support personnel, engineers, MIS professionals and all levels of management who need a fundamental understanding of computerized system compliance and regulations.
Additional Course Details
It is recommended that course participants have a basic awareness of GxP regulations and/or the use of computerized systems in a regulated environment. Some knowledge of the GAMP® approach to computerized systems compliance would be an advantage.
- Understand the current regulatory focus on Data Integrity and the relevant regulatory observations
- Review the new MHRA Guidance on Data Integrity
- Analyze the need for Data Integrity throughout the life cycle
- Evaluate the requirements for a robust data governance system
- Know how to meet the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11 electronic records and signatures, including the USFDA interpretation in the Scope and Application Guidance, and international regulatory requirements for electronic records and signatures including Annex 11
- Apply the current industry risk-based good practice approach to compliant electronic records and signatures
- Understand approaches to cloud computing and mobile applications in the GxP environment
- Understand the Key Concepts and approaches of the ISPE GAMP Guide on Record and Data Integrity
Community of Practice (COP)
This training course is of particular interest to existing and future members of the GAMP® Communities of Practice (COP).
Daily Schedule and Pricing
Online Live21 - 23 Jun 2023
Daily Schedule at a Glance
Training course times are listed in Central European Time (CET). Find your personal viewing time on the World Clock.
0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Introductions 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1300 Lunch 1300 - 1430 Course Content & Exercise 1430 - 1445 Break 1445 - 1615 Course Content & Exercise 1615 - 1630 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1300 Lunch 1300 - 1430 Course Content & Exercise 1430 - 1445 Break 1445 - 1615 Course Content & Exercise 1615 - 1630 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion 0830 – 0845 Login 0845 - 0900 Recap 0900 - 1030 Course Content & Exercise 1030 - 1045 Break 1045 - 1215 Course Content & Exercise 1215 - 1300 Lunch 1300 - 1430 Course Content & Exercise 1430 - 1445 Break 1445 - 1615 Course Content & Exercise 1615 - 1630 Wrap-up, Questions, Discussion
Registration Fee*ISPE Membership is required for these registration rates.
Now Your Whole Team Can Participate in an ISPE Learning Experience
- 3 - 5 participants - Save 10%
- 6 - or more participants - Save 20%
Group discount applies to Member/Nonmember rate only. To qualify, all registrant information must be submitted at the same time. Registrations that arrive later will NOT be eligible for the group discount. Cannot be combined with other offers. To register as a group, please contact ISPE by telephone, +1-813-960-2105 or by email, email@example.com.
Cancellations must be made in writing. If cancellations are received by 60 days prior to event start date, a full refund, minus a $150 handling fee, will be issued. After that time, no refunds will be granted. Please be advised that if your payment or written cancellation notice is not received prior to the cancellation date, your credit card will be charged the prevailing rate. Refund requests must be in writing and emailed or faxed to +1 (813)-264-2816. (Telephone messages are not accepted). ISPE reserves the right to modify the material or presenters for this event without notice, or cancel an event. If an event must be canceled, registrants will be notified by ISPE. ISPE will not be responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.